Saturday, April 25, 2015

Mendoza Wedding

Tonight R2 served as ring bearer for Alonzo and Viridiana Mendoza's wedding, at The Links Golf Course, in Long Beach, CA! Al is also a member of the R2 Builders Club, so I was happy to help with this special assignment.

This past Thursday was the rehearsal. Similar to the first time R2 acted as ringbearer, the routine was that the Best Man would be unable to find the rings, and R2 would come to the rescue with them. (I'm starting to think that little droid is a kleptomaniac.)

I arrived nice and early, and fitted R2 with the pillow.



I had Best Man Ramón tie the rings down. I told him he was packing his own parachute, since he was the one that would have to untie them.



I surveyed the scene inside, before the guests arrived. It's okay if I try some of this, right?




I want to sit at the kids' table.



The guests arrived and got seated. I stayed with R2 for a while in the shop from which he was going to emerge.



From my vantage point I was able to take a few pictures as the ceremony started.

Here comes the bride!




Here comes the droid!

Ramón "forgot" the rings, and R2 came to the rescue. Of course, since I was driving R2 I didn't get any pictures of that part, but R2 parked just to the right of the gazebo-thingie after he delivered the rings successfully.



Afterwards, the new couple took some pictures with R2 and me.




And Al shows that R2's bowtie does indeed match his.



Congratulations Al and Viri! Here's wishing you a lifetime of happiness together!

No comments: