Saturday, June 21, 2014

Utility Arm Mystery Project

Today I started work on what might be a short-lived effort on a mystery project for R2's top utility arm. If I make progress on this, it won't remain a mystery for long.

I started by tracing the end of R2's utility arm on a scrap piece of styrene.

I then cut out the top, bottom, front, back and tip pieces.

I taped some of the pieces together and did a loose fit to try things on for size. The top and bottom sides are curved, and the front piece is not hugging the curve, so it looks particularly loose.

Things seem to fit reasonably well, but until I glue the pieces together, I won't know for sure if this goofy idea will work.

No comments: