Sunday, January 26, 2014

Started Cutting Side Details for Outer Footshells for Droid #2

Today I worked on cutting out the decorative details that adorn the doors on the aluminum outer footshells for droid #2.

I purchased a small saw attachment for my Dremel, since I long ago returned all the power saws I was borrowing from my friend Kelvin.

I decided to make these pieces from PVC, simply because that's what I used on droid #1, and it was some 1/8" thick material I had handy. I set up a poor-man's fence as a guide for the Dremel saw.

I made the cut for the height of the piece, followed by a diagonal cut with a hacksaw.

I traced where the curve will be on the opposite edge, but I haven't gotten to that yet. I'll use the Dremel drum sander attachment to cut the curve soon.

No comments: