Saturday, January 25, 2014

Cut Template for Side Panel for Outer Foot Shell Doors for Droid #2

In preparation for making the side panels details on the outer foot shell doors of droid #2, I dusted off my old binder of blueprints, and turned to the print for this particular piece.




I then used a ruler and compass to draw out the measurements. I actually drew the mirror image of what's in the prints, for whatever reason.



I used a razor blade and scissors to cut it out as accurately as possible.



I can use this template to cut the same shape from 1/8" flat PVC. I'll need four of these pieces, two for each outer door. Hopefully I'll get them cut soon. I also need to cut the strips at the top of the outer doors, but I purposefully knocked one loose from the A&A foot shell doors, so I don't need a template for that.

(How this blog entry qualifies as "building," I don't know.)

No comments: