Sunday, October 13, 2013

More Left Foot Shell and Motor Work for Droid #2

I had some time to return to working on the fit of the battery box to the foot shell on the left foot of droid #2.

The first item of business was to mark and trim a little more material from the bottom of the battery box.




Ok, done with that step.



Yet another test fit with the motor in place, and there is still a little interference. Dare I hack the left motor?



I dare. Always cutting corners.



Oops, I did it again. I knew I would, but this time the hole is tiny. I also filed down the area near the motor shaft for clearance there as well.



I think things fit okay now.



A small application of JB Weld to the motor housing repairs the small hole.



I think I'm done hacking on these parts now. The foot shells may need a little cosmetic work here and there before painting, but these drivetrains and feet are getting close to being done.

No comments: