Monday, May 09, 2011

Started Sanding Booster Cover Primer

Today I started sanding the primer that I applied over the past weekend on the booster covers.



The curved part of the booster cover head pieces required the most attention to detail. When I carved the curved areas using the drum sanding attachment on my drill press, I used 60 grit sanding drums, which leaves deep grooves in the wood. Fortunately, I put down three thick coats of primer, so I was largely able to smooth everything out using 600 grit sand paper.



After quite a bit of light sanding, I had the curves pretty smooth.



I also sanded the booster cover bodies as smooth as possible.



I think I need to apply a very thin layer of Evercoat filler in a couple of places here and there, but no major work is necessary.

No comments: