Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Primer for Foot Channels, Horseshoe Paint Touch-Up

The drive to finish painting continues. Today, I applied primer to the channels on all three feet.

First, I sanded the inside of the outer foot channels with 220 grit sandpaper, to help the primer stick to the aluminum.



After cleaning the outer foot channels with acetone, I wrapped the wheels on the center foot in a plastic bag with a rubber band, and masked the areas that don't get painted.



I applied three coats of gray primer, in preparation for white painting soon.



Lastly, I wanted to clean up some crud on the horseshoes that got into the paint while I was painting them the other day. It's very hard to see in the picture, but it's there and I don't want it there.



A light sanding and a light mist coat of Rustoleum Satin White, and they look good to go.



Let me be the last of millions today to say, May the 4th Be With You.

No comments: