Sunday, April 24, 2011

Center Foot Shell Repair

It was a drizzly, dreary day today, so no paint for droid #2. Instead, I had a little repair work to do for droid #1.

While unloading R2 from the car after Ian and Amy's wedding, I managed to crack the center foot shell.

It wasn't obvious at first, but once I removed the foot shell, the top pieces were completely loose, and the top part of one of the door frames was knocked out. I guess it was a more hard and awkward landing than I realized.

Well, that's what PVC glue is for. It didn't take long to repair.

Almost good as new.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can resume painting droid #2 soon.

No comments: