Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Glued in Top Door Holders on Foot Shell Doors

Tonight I worked on attaching the doors that go on the foot shells.

I am using scrap PVC sticks left over from the foot shell build of droid #1 for this job. They just need to be cut to size.



Starting with the center foot shell, with the door in place, I did a loose-fit of where the PVC segments needed to be.



I marked the spots with a pen, and used a toothpick to apply PVC glue to the inside of the foot shell door.



Then, it's just a simple matter of gluing the segments down.



The gray PVC segments rise just a little above the door alignment layer, enough to keep the door against the door frame on the foot shell.




Same exercise for the outer foot shells.




I still need to nail in the two PVC segments on the bottom of each door. These will pivot on the nail to allow the door to be locked and unlocked from the foot shell. I hope to get to that shortly.

2 comments:

pvc doors said...

Thanks for the ideas. There's always something new to learn and improve on in this mad internet world. Uptiming is surely something to keep an eye on.

cat grader for sale said...

such a good article, this is the best I've read, the most exciting, one of the most interesting articles. It