Saturday, August 14, 2010

CV Day 3

Today was day 3 at Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando, Florida. Yet again, I was a little late in arriving (I'm still struggling with the three-hour time difference), and I missed the group photo. Oh well.

The sea of humanity entered the building at 10:00am. I would estimate there were at least three times as many people in attendance today than the last two days, possibly more.



I spent most of the morning in the R2 Builders room, answering questions from visitors. Meanwhile, Thomas Clark was busy soldering some J.E.D.I. displays.



Later while roaming the show floor, Michael McMaster noticed Star Wars producer Gary Kurtz walking by, and asked if we could take a picture with him. Gary graciously obliged.



Did you know Garindan had a family? Neither did I.



Back in the R2 Builders room, Chris Bartlett, dressed as C-3PO, was planning a surprise visit to Mark Hamill's booth, and I was able to come along. Unfortunately, we were denied access to Mark because the line for his autograph was alarmingly long. Instead, we crashed the line for some of the Clone Wars voice cast. Ashley Eckstein got up to give C-3PO a hug.



Michael McMaster and I continued to roam the floor.

Lumpy lives!



Other fun stuff we came across.







In the evening, we had the R2 Builders dinner down the street. Dave Everett earned an award for face-planting Cole Horton's droid earlier in the day.



Yearbooks were signed, and good times were had.



Cory Pacione paid tribute to Wayne Orr for the outstanding job he did of organizing our presence at CV, and acknowledging Dave Everett for founding our club, and for coming all the way from Australia to join us. It was a nice ending to another good day.



One more day to go.

No comments: