Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Droid Lift Parts Arrive from McMaster-Carr

Today a box of elbows and T-connectors arrived from McMaster-Carr. These round out the remaining main pieces to the droid lift.



Two of the T-connectors will be used to allow the 5' pipes that run from the front to the back of the car to slide through and extend to the tailgate for droid loading and unloading. The horizontal pipe will be screwed down to the anchors in the car floor.



The other T-connector will be used to attach the boom to the mast. Nothing is tightened down yet, so the parts are drooping a bit. I still have some hacking to do on the pipes.



I probably won't be able to get much done on the droid lift until the weekend, and ironically an event on Saturday will reduce that time. I sure wish I had all the parts a week ago, when I was on vacation.

No comments: