Sunday, July 27, 2008

Replaced Front Octagon Port

Today I put a little maintenance time in on droid #1, as I swapped out my old resin front octagon port for a new resin one. The old port was painted completely silver, the new one has the proper blue color on the frame.

First I used the paddle from the old port as a template to drill holes into the back of the replacement port.

Next, I cut the heads off of a couple of 1" #4 screws and glued them in place.

Then I secured the paddle onto the back of the new octagon port.

Perfect fit!

One day I'll get around to doing the same for the rear octagon port.

No comments: