Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hanging Out at Mike's

This one doesn't have much to do with droid building (at least for me), but here it is anyway.

I dropped by Mike's today to discuss the droid lift for the Droidmobile. It's looking less and less likely that the Honda Element is going to be able to accommodate a droid lift, mainly because of the tailgate. I knew this would cause trouble when I bought the car, but it otherwise handles R2 transportation very well.

Plan B is to see if I can get an external crane to load and unload R2 from outside the car. A quick look at Harbor Freight's website shows several cranes that could do the job, but they are way too heavy, and are overkill. I'll continue looking.

In the meantime, Vince Sanchez and Chris Romines joined us. Chris just received Andy & Alex' R5 dome kit. Vince supplies the resin details, which Mike discussed with the two of them.



Mike removed the shell of his scratch-built R5 dome to try the A&A shell on his dome. The fit was excellent. It looks like the A&A R5 dome, along with Vince's resin details, will work out quite well for Chris.

No comments: