Friday, December 21, 2007

Wheel & Foot Shell Door Repair

R2 got a little over-enthusiastic again while dancing during his office visit on Wednesday. The layer of rubber around his right-front wheel started coming loose. This isn't the first time R2's dancing got him into this kind of trouble, he or I should know better by now.



I removed the wheel and the rubber layer from the drivetrain, and sanded the inside perimeter of the rubber, to give the adhesive a more rough surface to stick to.



I again used the Household Goop stuff to glue the rubber layer back onto the wheel.



A little wrestling, and the rubber layer goes back onto the wheel.



After the rubber cement had dried, I put the drivetrain back together.



I don't know how, but I also managed to have one of the PVC sticks that helps to hold the right foot shell door cover come off.



A little PVC glue, and it's good as new.

No comments: