Sunday, July 22, 2007

Painted Servo Mounting Blocks, Redrilled Center Ankle Bolt Hole, Started Reassembly

This morning I painted the mounting blocks for the utility arm servo motors black, so that they'll be unnoticeable from the outside when the arms are open.

Later, I measured, marked and drilled a new hole for the center ankle bolt hole that I had filled yesterday.

Now that all three ankles have their ankle bolt holes redrilled closer to the tips of the ankles, I get much more clearance for things like the ankle cylinders. Before, the cylinders were jamming themselves into the tops of the foot shells, causing the foot shells to tilt. No more.

Looks like I need to do a bit of touch-up painting on the white areas that are newly exposed too.

Reassembly has begun.

I need to cut new wedges from cutting board (outer legs) and aluminum stock (center leg) to keep the feet from pivoting. The new location of the ankle bolt holes means that the old wedges no longer fit in the same way that they used to. I hope to get to that sometime this week.

1 comment:

Calvin Thomas said...

He's looking better and better!!!
I got to get back to working on my R2, Just been too busy with the wife's R3.