Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Trimmed Bottom Door Frame, Attached Bottom Strips for Outer Feet

R2 is going to be getting new shoes soon.

Today I trimmed the bottom of the door frames on the outer feet that I glued in yesterday. As with the center foot shell, I started trimming with the Dremel cutoff wheel, and finished with the drum sander.

More importantly, I finally attached the strips at the bottom of the outer feet. I used PVC glue to attach each strip, one at a time.

There were some visible gaps here and there, so I used Bondo to fill those. I'll sand/fill/sand again as needed. Experience shows that this step usually takes a few days of finishing work. Right now everything is a PVC-primer-Bondo mess, but it will look a lot nicer soon.

No comments: