Friday, March 23, 2007

Finished Adding Foot Shell Reinforcements

This morning I sanded smooth the Bondo I applied last night. Barring any future mistakes that require repair, the foot shells are done being filled and sanded. (I reserve the right to even out the seam between the door and the shell via filling and/or sanding as needed.)

I finished gluing in the last of the foot shell reinforcements. Each of the outer shells got a pair of thin strips of PVC to help reinforce the bottom strips on the front and back of the shells.

I removed the temporary feet from my droid in anticipation of being able to install the drivetrain on the outer feet. I plan to recut the center foot tomorrow from high quality plywood that Matthew Henricks is making available to me.

It looks like R2 parked in a bad neighborhood.

No comments: