Saturday, December 02, 2006

Started Installing Rear Logics

Today was somewhat a replay of October 30th of this year. I never was able to get the rear logics to fit properly in the dome on my first go-around about a month ago, so I gave it another try today.

I recut and bent a couple of short pieces of metal bar. These will be screwed down to the dome ring, and the rear logics will screw onto the other end.



Next, I drilled holes in the perf board to mount it onto the bent bars.



Then I was able to get it all installed in the dome and try it out. For the first time, all the dome electronics were wired up and running in the dome.



Recall that the plan for this version of my rear logics is to fake the 108 LEDs with some transparencies with a pattern of LEDs printed on them (pattern by Kelly Krider, if I'm not mistaken). I still need to put that together. The other issue I have is that neither my resin nor my aluminum rear logic surrounds fit in the dome hole, so something is going to have to give.

No comments: