Friday, June 23, 2006

Installed Top Shoulder Buttons

Tonight I was able to install the top shoulder buttons, and finish up the horseshoes (except for painting).

Based on the blueprints, I used some trigonometry to calculate the angle at which the top button hole should be drilled (five degrees). I tilted the drill press table, centered the bit, and drilled through the horseshoe, from the outboard side to the inboard side. I flipped the horseshoe upside down and rotated it 180 degrees, and countersunk the hole on the other side. Then I cut a #8 screw down to size and installed the button.

Next up: More leg work, including the slots in the ankles, a platform in the ankle to support the leg strut, and I still need to finish off the armpits where the under shoulder details go. Sounds like a busy weekend.

No comments: