Yesterday I found that my 20-year-old roll of 3M Very High Bond (VHB) tape was delaminating from the backing paper, so I ordered a new roll, and it arrived today.
Here are some panels going back on the dome.
There's a ton of old tape to remove for the dome pie panels. My poor fingers.
But, I did it, and the panels are on now.
The penultimate piece, the radar eye.
And finally, the little dot on top. I am using silicone to attach this small piece.
I ended up spending over 4 hours on this. By far, the longest part of this process is removing the old tape. I jam a finger or a thumb at one end of an old strip of tape, and start rolling and peeling it off. After a while I have to switch fingers or else I'll get blisters.
I tried getting a beauty shot of the finished dome, but given that it was too late to have sunlight streaming inside, I had to settle for a single floodlight above the droid.
Tomorrow I plan to do the same for droid #2's dome.
No comments:
Post a Comment