Monday, March 20, 2023

Started Working on Adding In-Droid Charging of Main Batteries

Today I got around to something I've been wanting to do for a while now, I started working on having the option of charging droid #1's main batteries while they are in the droid. Until now I've had to pull the main batteries out of the droid to charge them. Droid #2 has had this ability for a little while, so it was time to level-up droid #1.

I am going with Anderson power poles for this effort, as I have a charger that works with them. I ordered some power poles and a crimper. Progress was modest today, I simply prepped wires and attached the connectors.



The real fun will be connecting this into the droid. I plan to use the main power switch for this. I disconnected the switch from the droid, took a look at what needs to be done, and decided it can wait until tomorrow.

No comments: