Tuesday, May 24, 2022

PSI Work on Droid 1

Lately I've notice that droid #1's PSIs have looked dingy. Sure enough, I removed the lens covers, and they are very discolored.



While it looks kind of like a burn, I think this is more likely a reaction either from sunlight or the wavelengths being emitted by the LEDs, and not actual scorches from heat. I purchased a new sheet of the same plastic. It may get discolored again, but I'll worry about that in the year 2037.



I cut two layers to size for both the front and rear PSIs, and taped them down.



I still wasn't completely happy with the the appearance of the PSIs, I decided to temporarily transplant droid #2's PSIs into droid #1, in preparation for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022, which starts Thursday (with load-in tomorrow).



Ok, this is satisfactory for now. I may duplicate the work I did for droid #2 so that both droids will have the same PSI work in them.



No comments: