Saturday, February 20, 2021

Touched Up Panels, Cut SSR Holder

Yesterday's painting went pretty well, but I did spot a blemish on one of the white framed panels, and on one of the red rectangular panels.

It's hard to see, but there was a tiny bit of spider-webbing in a small area on the framed panel.



I lightly sanded it in preparation for touch-up painting.



The blemish on the red paint is even harder to see, but I dealt with both.



While that dried, I worked on mounting a solid state relay to the electronics board. I hadn't gotten around to doing this yet for droid #2, so now's the time. This relay will act as a kill-switch to the speed controller, in case I ever want or need to cut power to the foot motors. This particular SSR is a little suspect, I may end up replacing it.



I marked and drilled the bracket that holds the SSR.



And I cut it to size.



More work to do on this, but that's it for today.

No comments: