Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Drilled New Shoulder Discs

Tonight I worked on drilling the replacement shoulder discs for droid #1's gap pipe shortening. This evening I worked on the six 5/16" outer holes that are used to bolt the discs to the legs. (For details on what I'm doing, click on Victor's Wooden Leg Building Tutorial to the right.)

This part is easy, just use the old disc as a template for the new one. I used a nail to align the centers of the discs.



The first hole is done, five more outer holes to go for this disc.



After I drilled each hole, I dropped a 5/16" bolt in, to maintain perfect alignment.



Time for a sanity-fit on the leg, to make sure everything works.



Phew, it's sane.

I repeated the process for the other leg's disc. The next step is to work on drilling the holes for the new pipe flanges.

No comments: