Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Cut New Aluminum Flashing for Shoulder Discs on Droid #1

Wow, actual building work on droid #1! That doesn't happen often anymore.

I've always disliked the galvanized flashing I wrapped around R2's wooden shoulder discs for droid #1, and the look has gotten worse over time, as the metal has oxidized. I finally decided to do something about it, and replace it with the same material I used with droid #2. This is a thin layer of aluminum that I got from Matthew Henricks several years ago.

Unfortunately, I don't have any long, straight edges remaining, so I needed to mark and cut the edges as straight as I possibly could.

I then sanded the edges straight, to remove any imperfections in the cut with the scissors.

That's all I had time for today, but the pieces are ready to install on the droid.

No comments: