Sunday, June 29, 2014

Meet the Makers Weekend at the Discovery Science Center - Day 2

Today was Day 2 of Meet the Makers weekend at Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana, CA.

I brought droid #2 out again, but this time he was configured as R2-D2, rather than R5-D4, since I was the only builder that brought a full droid today. Maddy joined me with her R2 dome.



At 12:45pm I did the first of two presentations that were well-attended (thanks to Maddy for help with the pics).




In between presentations, I took R2 into the Mythbusters exhibit.





I also talked to folks, answered questions, and R2 did the usual picture posing.




At 2:45pm R2 took the stage for the second presentation. I took the back door off ahead of time to show the insides of the droid.



After I was done for the day, some of the staff took pictures.



And that was a wrap! Another good weekend at Discovery Science Center.

No comments: