Monday, June 30, 2014

Installed Arduino Uno Inside Droid for Utility Arm Mystery Project

Tonight I worked on installing the Arduino Uno board into the droid for the utility arm mystery project.

First, I cut a mounting backer from MDF.

Next, I used the holes in the board as a template for where to drill 7/64" holes through the MDF to accommodate some #4 screws. I only drilled 3 of the 4 mounting holes.

I then used 3/8" #4 screws to secure the Arduino Uno to the backer board, and applied some Velcro to the back of the backer board.

Finally, I secured the board to some Velcro on the frame, and wired everything up.

Testing was successful! I plan to reveal the mystery project on Wednesday.

No comments: