I decided that I'm going to have a new electronics board cut for droid #2. I picked up some 5/32" thick plywood, and went over to my friend Kelvin's for the cutting, since he has the table saw that I was borrowing from him for years.
The first step was to cut the correct size rectangle.
The corners need to be cut from the bottom edge, in order to accommodate the batteries at the bottom of the droid.
Done. The old board and the new one.
Back home, I did a test fit. Battery clearance looks good at the bottom.
And the fit in the slots in the frame looks good at the top.
Next up, mounting the electronics.