Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sanded Front Periscope LEDs for Fitting, Installed Top LED Light Tubes

This evening I spent a few minutes working on the Periscope.

The three vertically stacked red LEDs that are visible in the front of the periscope require a little bit of sanding to fit the window through which they are installed, because the LEDs aren't perfectly flat when manufactured. A few minutes with each LED and some sand paper took care of that.

Now things fit nicely.

I spent another minute or two installing the cool tiny rubber light tubes in the front gasket. I love how everything is so customized with this kit.

It will be time to paint soon.

No comments: