The march goes on with back door restoration.
I removed the clips and tape from last night's session of re-bonding the large panel toward the top of the door. It's now secured nice and tight.
Because this panel has a lot to do with the curve of the door and the fit on the frame, I decided to do a test-fit of the door at this point. The screw holes on the bottom of the door still match up well with those on the brackets that are attached to the frame. The upper holes aren't dead-on, but they are close enough that the door still attaches okay. In fact, in some ways even better, as the door used to bow a bit away from the body. That no longer is the case.
Back to work. The next panel to attach is the panel that goes right in the middle of the door. Fortunately, it lays on the door well, so I taped in place, not that I had much of a choice.
Once again, I applied JB Weld with a toothpick, this time along the seam on the inside of the door.
A little while later, and I had finished applying the JB Weld. It's starting to look like a door again!
I'll let this dry overnight, and I hope to attach both coin returns tomorrow, and maybe even the power coupler frame.