Friday, July 29, 2011

The Big Droid Put-Together - The Movie

Just for fun, I did a time-lapse of the final assembly of droid #2.

Pictures were taken once per minute. There are a total of 941 pictures, or 15 hours and 41 minutes worth of assembly.

Unlike droid #1, which I built from the ground up as I went, with droid #2 I only fit together adjoining parts to see if they would work together. I held off final assembly until the very end. This was partly to make accessing individual parts easier as the build went along, and because I didn't want to have a partial droid sitting around staring me in the face all the time.

I'm still not quite 100% done with this droid. I need to install the back door and rear power coupler, and glue down the backing strips for the ankle brackets. At that point, I'll consider it done. Soon, soon...

No comments: