Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pins for Battery Box Harnesses

I keep looking for little details that remain to be finished on droid #2 before final assembly, and today I found another one. I hadn't yet cut the pins for the battery box harnesses.

I'm using 3/16" diameter steel rod for this. I used the harnesses themselves to determine the correct length, and marked it with a pen.

Next, I cut the segments to size.

Four segments later, and they're in.

I haven't decided if I will glue these in somehow. They were a tight fit and they don't seem like they want to fall out, but then again over the years R2 takes a lot of vibration, so it would probably behoove me to do so.

No comments: