Thursday, June 02, 2011

Masked Booster Covers for Silver Painting

Tonight I masked the booster covers for the last of the spray painting on droid #2 (or so I think).

Earlier I wrote that I planned to use a fine-bristled brush to paint the aluminum-colored parts of the booster covers, but I changed my mind and I've decided I'll spray paint them. I've found that the clearcoat doesn't take to paint brushes too well. That means, a lengthy masking job.

For the curved part at the top of the vertical grooves, I used a hole punch to create a circular hole in the masking tape, and then I cut it in half.

That seemed to work out pretty well.


Hopefully I can get this painted up tomorrow. It's a pretty small area, so it should not take long.

No comments: