Friday, May 27, 2011

Painted Booster Covers

At long last, today I began painting the booster covers.

The parts are all primed with white primer. So up first, Rustoleum Metallic Purple.



I generally painted the sides first and then the top.





Next up, Duplicolor Anodized Blue.




Followed by two coats of Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel.




Of course, the colors look darker when the parts are out of the sunlight.




Once this dries, I need to paint the vertical grooves at the bottom of the main body pieces aluminum-colored. I'll apply foil tape to the small horizontal grooves. I will probably do this with a fine-bristled brush, rather than mask it and spray paint, as I tried to do on droid #1. I also need to paint the rectangular inserts for the slots on the head pieces, I'll probably do that tomorrow.

No comments: