Sunday, September 19, 2010

Widened HP Holes on Inner Dome, Prepped Domes for Gluing

Today I spent some time wrapping up a few loose ends, before permanently gluing the inner and outer domes together.

First, I widened the holes for the holoprojectors on the inner dome, in the areas I marked up the other day. Since there wasn't much material to remove, I used the Dremel drum sander.



I tested all the HP holes, and the the HPs seem to fit just fine.



Next, I scuffed up the inside of the outer dome, and the outside of the inner dome with 100 grit sand paper. This is to provide the silicone that I plan to use a nice, rough surface to bond to.




Next, I cleaned the domes with my deadly friend acetone.



Finally, I managed to bump one of the top HP mounting screws loose.



I cleaned up the hole, replaced the screw with a new one, and JB Welded it in place.



Next up, gluing the domes together. When I have a few minutes.

No comments: