Friday, May 21, 2010

Empire Strikes Back Night at Dodger Stadium

In honor of the 30th anniversary of the movie, tonight was The Empire Strikes Back Night at Dodger Stadium, and R2 was part of the celebration.

Mike Senna agreed to wrangle for me, so we drove on up to Dodger Stadium for a 4:00pm arrival and unloaded the droid, as the other characters were arriving.



We headed up to the Club Level (the third deck) where the characters got into costume.



Mike and I took a peek inside one of the nicer luxury suites. I could get used to this.




Around 5:00pm, all the characters headed down to Autograph Alley, behind center field. Besides me, R2 Builders Max Cervantes and William Miyamoto brought their droids.



I stationed R2 in the same spot as last year, and folks lined up for photos.





Chewie asks Senna, "Can you zip me up?" This is the Lucasfilm Chewbacca that threw out the first pitch, along with a few of our Stormtroopers.



Next stop, the My Town section of the stadium, way up on the Reserved Level, down the right field line.



It was a similar deal up there, more photo ops.





Gotta love the R2 shirt, she said she got it at Target. I saw another shirt just like it earlier in Autograph Alley.



Yoda, meet Yoda (and Obi-Shawn).



There weren't any unscheduled surprises, so R2 did his thing and I headed on home, happy that the Dodgers won and moved into a first-place tie.

The full photoset is here.

No comments: