Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Outer Foot Shell Work Continued

Tonight I got back to work on the outer foot shell I started.

I set up one of the top pieces by having it rest on a small tower of wooden blocks.

After applying Testors model glue, I used whatever I had handy to force the top piece down. In this case, a heavy can of PVC glue, and a battery for a cordless drill. There are some large gaps in the corners that I will fill with a gap-filling glue, as well as some filler such as Bondo and/or Evercoat.

I also started gluing up the window strip pieces for both outer foot shells.

I used the Ambroid ProWeld for this, as it sets up quickly. I only glued the two pairs of corners together. Hopefully tomorrow I can complete the rectangles.

No comments: