Sunday, March 28, 2010

Finished Gluing Window Strips Together on First Outer Foot Shell

Today I finished gluing the "window strip" pieces together for the outer foot shell. Earlier I had glued two pairs of pieces together.

I blobbed some Testors glue on the joints to be glued.

I used whatever I had handy to help keep the rectangular shape. Quite an assortment. The foil in the corners helps prevent the glue from bonding to the wooden board underneath.

Before gluing this rectangle onto the foot shell, I needed to deal with some unevenness in the corner.

Nothing a little sanding can't fix.

That's better.

And then I ran out of time(!). Hopefully I'll get that rectangle glued in early this week.

No comments: