Today I went over to Mike's for help on wiring up the Element to support the droid lift. Or, to be more accurate, today I went over to Mike's to watch him wire up my car.
Before the wire-up got started, we dropped his second droid into the car and used his droid lift to get some measurements and an idea on how certain parts of the lift should be cut.
With the measurements out of the way, it was time to tear up the sides and floorboards on the car.
Wire was run from the front of the car to the back for power. There is already a socket at the back of the car, but it's only rated for 10 amps. We want to support up to 30 amps.
Next, Mike soldered up the connectors. We're using an extra large monophonic plug for the back of the car.
The socket is now locked down at the back of the car. I will clearly label this plug as a power source. Plugging headphones or a speaker in there would not be good.
I plan to wire up the winch side of the connector shortly.