Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sanded Booster Cover Slots

Tonight I spent some time sanding smooth the dado cuts that I made for the slots on the booster covers on Sunday.

The before picture.

There is very slight unevenness, probably only a few hundredths of an inch. I used some 220 and 400 grit sand paper wrapped around one of my slot filler pieces to sand the slots nice and even.

The after picture.

The slot fillers fit better now, and the slots are more square than they were.

The slot area of the front face is going to get routed with a 5/16" cove bit that I ordered today from MLCS, and three degrees will be taken off the front face as a whole, so the current look will change soon.

No comments: