Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Added Support Wings for Left Foot Shell

The left foot shell has had an annoying sag on the side where the battery box rests, so tonight I made an attempt to address it.

I cut a couple of 1.25" segments of angled aluminum to support the foot shell on the drive train channel.

Next, I scuffed up the surfaces that will be JB Welded together with 60-grit sandpaper. Then I cleaned the surfaces thoroughly.

Into the dip it goes!

I clamped all the work down to dry overnight. I also clamped a piece of board along the top of the drivetrain channel, in order to align the new wing pieces with the top of the channel

Tomorrow I'll give it a try and see how it worked.

No comments: