As promised, I've been in ultra-slow-mode lately, and that may continue for a while. I did manage to spend a little time going over the legs.
Last weekend's mist coat of primer revealed a few spots that could use another going-over with Evercoat, so I sanded the primer off those spots first.
Then, I applied the Evercoat.
Finally, I sanded everything as smooth as possible. I also discovered scraping the surface lightly with an Xacto knife blade can help smooth the surface.
I'm not sure if this exercise was worthwhile. It may be the case that I could have concealed the wood grain with a few coats of primer, but I figured I'd try this approach first. Hopefully my next round of primer tomorrow will show an improvement (and not a step backward).