Sunday, April 19, 2009

Leg Finishing Work Continues

Today I picked up where I left off with the leg finishing yesterday. That means, time for another round of primer. Three coats this time, as this is the real deal (vs. last weekend's mist coats to find flaws). It was a good day in Southern California to apply primer, as the temperature was over 90 degrees Fahrenheit.

Leg on a stick. I hung the legs onto a 5/8" diameter wooden dowel to apply primer all around.



After I applied primer, I hung them out to dry on another stick, as I did last week.



The flaws I found last week appear to be gone now, with yesterday's repairs.



The pattern is three coats of primer, lightly sand, and then three more coats. So after the initial three coats, I lightly sanded and wiped them up.



When I get a chance, I'll apply another three coats of primer. Ideally that will be soon, because the weather is supposed to remain hot for the next couple of days.

No comments: