Sunday, January 11, 2009

Finished Cutting Groove on Right Ankle

Today I only had a few minutes to get any work done, so I worked on finishing the groove that goes around the area above the right ankle.

Clamps every which way help secure the work.



As with droid #1, I used a block of wood to provide a guide for sawing with the hack saw.




After I cut half of the width of the groove, I realigned the block and cut the other.



I repeated for the other side of the leg.

I cleaned up the cuts with some sand paper, and I think things are just about good.



Hopefully I can get some work in this week, but it's been difficult to find the time recently. I also need to call discountsteel.com and try to figure out why my aluminum hasn't shipped out in the week since I've ordered it.

No comments: