Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Finished Cutting Groove on Left Ankle, Cut Another Motor Mount

Tonight I had a little time to finish cutting the groove above the left ankle.

First I strapped everything down.

Then I got to work cutting. Half way there...

I moved the block and cut the other half, and then repeated the process for the bottom side.

My aluminum arrived from discountsteel.com yesterday, so once I was done with the ankle groove, I decided to cut a replacement motor mount for the left drivetrain.

The joke might be on me (again), as the original motor mount might still work for my purposes. I need to find some time to do some minor Dremel work on the left battery box and see. Either way this piece won't be wasted though, as I will need a pair of motor mounts for droid #2's drivetrain.

No comments: