Sunday, November 16, 2008

Started Sanding Evercoat on Legs

Today I started sanding the Evercoat that I applied to the outer legs yesterday. I didn't get very far, I was only able to sand the flat portion of one side of one of the legs.

As usual, I started with 150 grit sand paper to take off the high spots and get things fairly smooth.



Next, I moved on to 220 grit, to get a finer finish.



I finished up with 400 grit.



I still have a long way to go, and unfortunately I don't think I'll get much time to work on this for a while. It's too dark to sand at night when I get home from work during the week, and next weekend I'm scheduled to help shoot the Senna drivetrain tutorial for the R2LA VI DVD.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Nice documentation of the drive train. I was wondering what type of "evercoat" you use. I went on EBAY and found several evercoat products. I would like to replace bondo with something easier to sand and form.

Thanks

Victor Franco said...

Hi Jim,

There's a semi-decent picture of the Evercoat I use here:

http://tinyurl.com/6kx7ga

Let me know if you need a higher resolution picture.

-Victor