Sunday, October 26, 2008

Finished Evercoat Work on Horseshoes (Maybe)

Today I think I did the last of the filling/sanding for the horseshoes. Yesterday I had filled in the shallow holes I Dremeled out, and today I sanded the surface smooth.

As usual, I started with 150 grit sand paper to take down the Evercoat to be close to the rest of the surface.

I followed that with rounds of sanding with 220 grit and 400 grit sand paper.

Everything feels very smooth. I will give it the primer test soon to verify that the horseshoes are ready for final primer and painting. I might drill the pockets first for the hydraulics and buttons, I haven't decided.

No comments: