Saturday, June 21, 2008

Prepped Parts for Painting

Today I actually made slight progress on droid #2. I started preparing some aluminum parts for blue paint.

As with droid #1, I used liquid latex to mask the power couplers.

I used a combination of masking tape and liquid latex for the octagon ports.

After the liquid latex had dried (which didn't take long in 95 degree heat), I applied primer to the parts, including the backing plates for the side and pocket vents, the LDP, and the front vent skin panel.

I may have to go back and sand the aluminum on the LDP, the surface is still a little rough.

No comments: