Saturday, June 07, 2008

City of Hope

Last year I attended the City of Hope Survivors Picnic with Mike and his droid. This year I brought my R2 out to this event, to join in with the many characters that helped entertain the guests.

Vince Sanchez and I teamed up with R5-D4 and R2-D2, as we prepared to go out into the crowd.



Lots of kids, adults and families visited with R2.




How many characters were there? A lot!



R2 always gets the best attention, though.



I have to 'fess up, the left front wheel had the rubber ring around it slip off a couple of times. I plan to cut a new layer and reglue it soon.

On the way home, I saw my all-time favorite freeway sign. This one warns that lanes from two different freeways (the 5 and 60) instantly merge into one lane. Lots of skid marks in that area, for some reason. As my friend Kelvin once said, "You don't see that sign very often."

No comments: