Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mike's Girl Scout Event at the Nixon Library

Not content with eight hours of droiding yesterday, I joined Mike Senna (and a few thousand others) at the 96th Anniversary of Girl Scouting at the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda, CA today. I'd never been to the Nixon library, so I was interested in seeing it, along with the Star Wars presence at the space-themed event.



Mike drove R2 around the crowded venue, both outdoors and indoors.




Wherever R2 was, the mob followed.




Elsewhere, young padawans were trained in the Jedi arts by the Jedi Training Academy.



After their training was complete, they faced their final test: A battle with Darth Vader.



While there, I took the opportunity to look around. The presidential helicopter was moored toward the back of the grounds.



Hey, is that a holoprojector?! Well, I guess I better leave it alone.



No visit to a presidential library is complete without a visit to the presidential gift shop. Well, maybe next time...

No comments: